What are the Types of Sod?
Sod is the grass and minimal layer of soil beneath it that are bound by the roots and thin material. There are different options of sod available for those wanting to renovate their yard. Whether it’s to fit a specific look or take advantage of the type of grass, choosing the type of sod needed is one of the final steps of your renovation efforts. At Whittier Fertilizer, the different types of quality sod we provide include:
- Tifgreen Sod. Tifgreen Sod is finely textured sod that adds definition and fullness to your yard. One of the most noticeable benefits of this medium green sod is its incredible durability. This grass is tough enough for both commercial and industrial landscapes. It’s tolerant to heat, foot traffic, and smog. Because of its natural durability, Tifgreen sod is also temperature and drought tolerant.
- Marathon I Sod. Marathon I Sod is one of the most well rounded products available. Because it is both durable and beautiful, Marathon I Sod provides the best of both worlds.
- Marathon II Sod. Marathon II Sod is an advanced development of the dwarf tall fescue. Its prime benefits include incredible durability, which allows it to be cut shorter than its counterparts. It is extremely dense and has a rich, deep color. This sod is also designed to be disease resistant.
- Marathon III Sod. Marathon III Sod is extremely dense and is a darker shade of green. Finely leafed, Marathon III gives the appearance of an all-natural grass carpet. This sod grows at a slower rate, which decreases the time needed to mow the lawn and clean trimmings. The low disposal volume is popular for many clients. While Marathon III Sod can be used anywhere, it is particularly popular for residential and community areas.
- Sahara Sod. Sahara sod is an improved version of the common Bermuda grass. Because Bermuda grass already has high tolerance for foot traffic, Sahara is very durable and greens up quickly when watered.
- St. Augustine. This turf is particularly course and dense. It is perfect for warm-seasons and warm-weather environments.
Why Use Whittier Fertilizer
Regardless of what type of sod you need, we are thrilled to be your provider of landscaping products. At Whittier Fertilizer, we truly care about your experience and the health and visual appearance of your lawn. Because we are a full-service landscape supply center, you know that you have access to everything you need to keep your sod healthy and beautiful!